The reality is that many people associate bingo with retirement homes and old people, a way to keep busy if you will. It is a lot more than that, and if you have every played it, you will know that. It very quickly becomes an exciting game, especially when you are one letter away from spelling BINGO.
The game is available online, or you can create your own set up. Additionally, there are places that hire out the set up and offer a host – the choice is yours. Regardless of how you choose to play the game, the basics remain the same. You need to be the first person to spell BINGO. It takes a whole lot of patience and luck, but if you are lucky, you could be the winner of the evening.
The numbers on the board can be randomly selected or carefully selected. Players can also play on multiple boards to increase their chances of winning, although it can become difficult to keep track of multiple tickets.
While the game is based on luck, there are ways of improving your chances of winning. Of course, this will depend on how you are choosing to play.
Pro Tips For Playing Bingo
- If you are playing online, the timing matters: Playing when very little people are online will increase your chances of having your numbers called and winning. Between 19:00 and 21:00 should be avoided as this is when most people choose to play.
- Don’t bet on one big one: Splitting your spend will help you play longer and increase your chances of winning. Another pro tip is setting a budget for the game and dividing it accordingly.
- Pay attention: You will be surprised at how quickly the game moves, especially when you have multiple cards. Do not get distracted, focus on the dealer and the task at hand. If you are playing an online or digital version, activating the auto dab feature will ensure that you do not miss your number on any of your cards as it automatically becomes marked when called out.
- Have fun: Bingo is a fun game, especially when played amongst friends. While it may not seem like it, it can become very competitive and provide adrenaline pumping action. There are so many ways to enjoy the game.
- Know when to call it a night: As the saying goes, winners know when to stop. So, if need be, give your gaming night a set of rules and a cut off time to ensure that things don’t get out of hand.
Don’t Knock It Till You Try It
Bingo is a simple game that is often overlooked. If you have not played it before, you are in for a treat. Competing with friends and family to spell out BINGO is a great way to spend the evening and see who is truly lucky.